We will have an official GT series next season!

A place for everyone to rant about the rights and wrongs of iRacing!
:D

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts ... 87993.page

C class. Corvette C6R and Ford GT only. Open setups.
45 minute races every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Great news for the service in general, in my opinion and I intend to do many races there. The only way this official series could get better for me in the future is if the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 car gets added in the future. Oh, and in my opinion it should require a B license, not C.

As a side note and bit of news for you all... the TFR GT SuperCup will continue next season. Our unique selling points versus this official offering is our longer (90 minute) race length, so deeper pit stops and strategy involved, live broadcasts on Glacier TV with commentary from Wil and Rob (presuming we can sign them all up for another season :) ) and arguably a fairer points system (not based on SoF) and we aim to maintain higher driving standards than the official series, thanks to Kat, our chief steward.

Signup thread for the 2012 'Summer' edition of the GT SuperCup will be posted in the next few days.
Great news and when we get the Maclaren and driver swaps later this year it will be something else!
#10 Mark Bird - Torque Freak Racing
Good news though i don't know if a standing start is such a good idea.
#81 Stefan Coppens - Torque Freak Racing
Stefan Coppens wrote:Good news though i don't know if a standing start is such a good idea.

Perhaps if enough of us complain they'll change that. It might even be an honest mistake.
To finish first, first you must have fins. Image
Is the summer TFR supercup going to include the cadillac as well? Or will it be the same C6R and FGT format?
The GT SuperCup will not include the Cadillac. If any car is added to GT SuperCup in future, it would be the McLaren.
This is great news!

Though I'm concerned that lowering it to C license will just make it into a crashfest again. iRacing continues to underrate the difficulty of multiclass racing. Heck, the Corvette is a B license level car running single class on its own!

C license drivers in Corvettes may be just as dangerous to the Ford GTs as B license drivers in HPDs were.
David S Peterson wrote:C license drivers in Corvettes may be just as dangerous to the Ford GTs as B license drivers in HPDs were.

I don't think that'll be such an issue - the biggest problems with the HPD are that it had a straight line speed deficit over even the Ford, which encourages them to dive bomb if they're not good at timing corner exit passes, and the fact that when the HPD lets go it tends to do so very rapidly, which meant that once the start to have a moment they usually finish it in the barriers, and it's Russian roulette for anyone following them.

I actually think inexperienced drivers in the Ford are scarier - being mid-engined it's on a finer balance than the Corvette.
To finish first, first you must have fins. Image